We revamped the My Account area so that its actually usable and fully functional. Right now we’re putting the final touches on the Developer area so developers can publish games. Access coming soon!
We figured it out, have to re-engineer some things but we got it! Doing final touches and sending it to paint this week and next. It’s going to be done next week. We’re so excited! Pictures to come!
We’ve been working on some hardware issues with the HoloDragon device. Learned quite a bit about how everything is working together. A few notes:
- The advertised viewing angle for a lot of LED monitors (even IPS ones) is total b.s.
- There is a big difference between low, medium, and high end monitors. Holy cow is there a difference.
- Linux is great until you want to get it to work with anything really new. We’ve had to invent a few things to get everything to work.
We’re a bit behind but its coming along. Figure in 2-3 weeks we should be ready to show it off.
Stopped by the prototype shop and turned on the HoloDragon for the first time today. It spun right up and blew us all a way. They did a great job! Here are some pics:
Now all we have to do is fix a few of the minor issues and wait for graphics to do its thing and we’re good to go. Some of the things we ran into:
- Viewing Angle – Not much we can do about this but its a prototype after all
- Crashing – A little problem of it crashing when under heavy load. Hoping its just software
- Browser going crazy on us – zooming and flinching on its own
We’ve been working for over a year on the the hardware and software for HoloDragon. Tomorrow we get to see the working, assembled prototype. How cool is that? We can’t wait and we’re all excited over here! Pictures to follow. Crossing our fingers everything goes well.
We are looking for graphics artists and illustrators to help brand our games. Part time, freelance, remote, on location, whatever works so long as you can help design. This is a paid position and we have an immediate need for at least two people!
Send us your resume and portfolio ASAP!
We’ve been working on games for HoloDragon and we’ve learned a few things trying to take full advantage of this platform.
- Touch makes a huge difference in game speed, usability and tactility
- We need mobile apps for each brand of phone to play the games (we’re working on these now)
- We can go much farther than just board games. Since it has WIFI we made games that connect to Youtube, Walmart, and all sorts of other APIs. (Next up is Facebook)
So far we have 21 games. Some are original. Some are classic.
We’re looking for developers or anyone who can connect us with board game companies. Let us know if you can help!